SHO.21.02-Support Home Operator
Position # SHO.21.02
Click here for Job Description PDF: SHO.21.02
By working with the Excel Society, you will be part of an organization dedicated to enabling people to develop their full potential. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Excel Society is one of the largest non-profit service providers to individuals with disabilities in Alberta.
Are you a caring, supportive person with a full independent living basement suite in your home, and wanting to have a person with disabilities live with you? Then we want to hear from you! Excel Society seeks individuals or families who are interested in opening their home and hearts to adults living with intellectual disabilities.
Our SHOs’ come from a wide range of backgrounds. What they do share in common is an enthusiasm to support individuals with disabilities, a strong desire to make a difference, and enjoy being part of a team dedicated to seeing these individuals succeed.
Skills & Abilities:
|• You are able to provide a safe and stable home.
• You are able to provide an environment that promotes the personal and social growth of the
individual in care.
• You are able to support the individual in care with daily activity planning.
• You are able to provide guidance with learning independent living skills; for example, meal
planning and preparation, scheduling of health care appointments, and providing supports
for goals of care.
• Must be able to make a long-term commitment and provide 24/7 support as required.
• Must be able to support an individual with disabilities with community engagement and skill
development for independent living.
Qualifications & Requirements:
|• Must be over the age of 21 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada.
• Must be financially stable.
• Must be located close to public transportation that runs 7 days/evenings a week
• Must be able to provide the adult with a full basement suite with bedroom that is safe,
comfortable, and preferably furnished with access to cooking facilities (Kitchen).
• Windows in the basement must be up to fire code i.e. the egress must be sufficient for the
client to be able to get out of the windows in case of fire.
• Preferred locations would be South side of Edmonton.
• Must provide at least two references (only one personal).
• Must provide an all clear Police Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector
• Must be willing to take necessary Mandatory training course as required.
Commencement date: ASAP
Closing date of competition: Until filled
|How to apply: Send a cover letter and
resume to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: To be negotiated